Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Deciding on this adventure

After 38 years of marriage, 4 children, and 8 grandchildren my husband, Dennis, and I decided the time was right for an adventure we've only talked about never believing we would really be able to do. But our oldest daughter and family moved to Germany for the semester taking 4 of our precious granddaughters with them. We HAD to visit them. The trip kept growing until we decided to backpack throughout Europe.
So now I'm sitting at the Dallas airport thinking, "Am I crazy?! 3 1/2 months of living out of a backpack? Am I too old and of shape? What in the world am I doing? Besides...I don't like to fly!"
Like another daughter of mine said "mom, that's what makes it an adventure!"
She's right. So here we go. Packed. Through security.
And a tearful goodbye to my newest 5 month old granddaughter at the airport, And my sleeping pills in my bag.
Stay tuned... This is guaranteed to be interesting. May God bless!


1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday! Have an Amazing adventure & know I'm praying for you & Dennis! Love & Hugs; looking forward to your posts.

    ReplyDelete